§ 7–742.01. Definitions.
For the purposes of this subchapter, the term:
(1) “CFBR” means the Cottage Food Business Registry within the Department of Health.
(2) “Cottage food business” means a business that:
(A) Produces or packages cottage food products in a residential kitchen;
(B) Sells the cottage food products in accordance with § 7-742.02 and regulations adopted by the Department of Health; and
(D) Has obtained a home occupancy permit from the Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs pursuant to section 203 of Title 11 of the District of Columbia Municipal Regulations (11 DCMR Section 203).
(2A) "Cottage food business identification number and certificate" means the unique identifier for tracking cottage food businesses and the certificate evidencing status as a cottage food business.
(3) “Cottage food product” means a non-potentially hazardous food, as specified in regulations adopted by the Department of Health, that is sold to consumers, including through direct, retail, and online sales, within the District of Columbia in accordance with § 7-742.02 and regulations adopted by the Department of Health.
(4) “Department” means the Department of Health.
(5) "Food establishment" shall have the same meaning as provided in § 48-102(5).