§ 47–2851.05. Business license center.
(a) There is created the Business License Center (“Center”) within the Department of Licensing and Consumer Protection.
(b) The duties of the Center shall include the following:
(1) Developing and administering a computerized “one-stop” basic business license system capable of storing, retrieving, and exchanging license information with due regard to privacy statutes, as well as issuing and renewing basic business licenses in an efficient manner;
(2) Creating a license information service that shall provide to any member of the public, upon request, printed or electronic information detailing requirements to establish or engage in business in the District, including a list of all information, approvals, documents, and payments required for each and every license issued by the District government;
(3) Providing for staggered basic business license renewal, as set forth in § 47-2851.09;
(4) Identifying types of licenses appropriate for inclusion in the basic business license system;
(5) Recommending, in reports to the Mayor and the Council, the elimination, consolidation, or other modification of duplicative, ineffective, or inefficient licensing or inspection requirements;
(6) Incorporating licenses into the basic business license system;
(7) Providing a license information service to prepare and distribute license information packets that detail requirements for establishing or engaging in business in the District of Columbia; and
(8) Maintaining a registry of fictitious names or trade names as defined in § 47-2852.02, indicating the party or parties doing business under those names.
(c) The Director shall establish the position of Deputy Director of the Department who shall be responsible for the operation of the Center.
(d) The Director shall promulgate such regulations as may be necessary to effectuate the purposes of this subchapter.