§ 4–752.01. Establishment of Interagency Council on Homelessness.
(a) There is established in the District the Interagency Council on Homelessness for the purpose of facilitating interagency, cabinet-level leadership in planning, policymaking, program development, provider monitoring, and budgeting for the Continuum of Care of homeless services.
(b) The Interagency Council is composed of:
(1) The City Administrator, who shall serve as chairperson of the Interagency Council, and who may designate a subordinate to serve as chairperson in the City Administrator's absence;
(1A) The Director to End Homelessness, who shall assist the City Administrator in leading and coordinating the Interagency Council;
(1B) The Deputy Mayor for Health and Human Services;
(2) The administrative head of each of the following entities or divisions thereof:
(A) Department of Human Services;
(B) Department of Behavioral Health;
(C) Child and Family Services Agency;
(D) Department of Housing and Community Development;
(E) Department of Health;
(F) District of Columbia Housing Authority;
(G) Department of Corrections;
(H) Department of Employment Services;
(I) Office of the State Superintendent of Education;
(J) Homeland Security and Emergency Management Agency;
(K) Department of General Services;
(L) Metropolitan Police Department; and
(M) Office of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Questioning Affairs.
(3) A representative of the agency designated as the District's collaborative applicant;
(4) One representative each from a minimum of 7 and a maximum of 8 organizations that are providing services within the Continuum of Care;
(5) A minimum of 3 and a maximum of 4 homeless or formerly homeless individuals;
(6) A minimum of 3 and a maximum of 4 representatives of advocacy organizations for the District's homeless population;
(6A) A minimum of 3 and a maximum of 4 representatives of business, philanthropic, or other private sector organizations that have resources or expertise to contribute to addressing homelessness in the District;
(7) The Chairman of the Council, or his or her designee, and the Chairman of the committee of the Council having purview over homeless services, or his or her designee, both of whom shall be non-voting members; and
(8) The administrative head of the Office of Shelter Monitoring, who shall be a non-voting member.
(c)(1) All non-government members of the Interagency Council described in subsections (b)(4)-(6A) of this section shall be nominated for appointment by the Mayor and approved by the Council.
(2) The Mayor shall transmit to the Council nominations of each non-government member of the Interagency Council for a 60-day period of review, excluding days of Council recess. If the Council does not approve or disapprove a nomination by resolution within the 60-day review period, the nomination shall be deemed approved.
(d) The Interagency Council shall serve as the District's Continuum of Care Governance Board.