§ 4–555.05. Address use by District agencies.
(a) Notwithstanding any other law, except as provided in this section, a participant or the participant's representative shall not be required to provide the participant's actual address for any purpose for which a District agency requires or requests a residential, work, or school address.
(b) Only a participant's actual address shall be used as part of a registration required by Chapter 40 of Title 22.
(c)(1) After a participant who is eligible to vote is certified to participate in the Program, unless the participant opts out, OVSJG shall send the participant's actual address and a copy of the participant's Program authorization card to the District of Columbia Board of Elections ("Board"), which the Board shall maintain.
(2) If a participant decides to vote, the participant shall vote by mail-in ballot.
(3) If a participant decides to sign a petition to be filed with the Board, the participant may use her or his substitute address to sign the petition.
(d)(1) Only a participant's actual address shall be used on any document filed with the Office of Tax and Revenue.
(2) The Office of Tax and Revenue shall not index by a participant's name in any online database of the agency relating to:
(A) Assessment and tax information; and
(B) All recorded documents; provided, that a court order, a judgment, a lien, or any document related to debt collection that is not a security interest instrument, may be indexed by the participant's name.
(3) The participant's name may be included in any notice or index published by the Office of Tax and Revenue for the collection of debt, including taxes.
(4) This subsection shall not require the Office of Tax and Revenue to redact or otherwise erase a participant's name or address in any document or electronic record in its online database.
(5) Except as provided in this subsection, the Office of Tax and Revenue shall not disclose a participant's actual address, unless OVSJG permits disclosure pursuant to the rules issued under § 4-555.12.
(e)(1) Upon written request by a supervisor at the rank of sergeant or above of the Metropolitan Police Department ("MPD"), OVSJG shall provide a participant's actual address to MPD for law enforcement purposes only.
(2) MPD shall not publish a participant's actual address pursuant to § 5-113.06.
(f)(1) If a participant or a participant's representative is or becomes aware that a District agency has made public the participant's actual address, the participant or the participant's representative may submit a written request, along with a copy of the participant's Program authorization card, to the District agency, asking the District agency to remove any publicly accessible references to the participant's actual address.
(2) Upon receipt of a request pursuant to paragraph (1) of this subsection, the District agency shall remove publicly accessible references to the participant's actual address, including any references on the District agency's website, within 10 business days of receiving the request.
(3) This subsection shall not apply to the Office of Tax and Revenue.