§ 24–281. Definitions.
For the purposes of this subchapter, the term:
(1) “Commissary” means a system through which residents in District correctional facilities are able to purchase permitted commodities.
(2) “Committee” means the Resident Welfare Fund Committee established by section 3005 [§ 24-284].
(3) “Correctional facility” means any building, or group of buildings, and concomitant services, operated as a single management unit by, or under contract with, the Department of Corrections for the purpose of housing and providing services to persons ordered confined pending trial or upon conviction and sentencing for a violation of law.
(4) “Department” means the Department of Corrections.
(5) “Director” means the Director of the Department of Corrections.
(6) “Fund” means the Resident Welfare Fund established by § 24-282.