§ 8–651.04b. Tree Preservation Plans.
(a) Before the issuance of a permit listed in subsection (d) of this section, the property owner or the property owner's agent shall submit a declaration, in a form prescribed by the Mayor, to the Mayor specifying:
(1) All trees on the property for which the permit is being sought, and whether those trees are Special Trees or Heritage Trees; and
(2) All trees on adjacent properties if those trees' critical root zones extend into the property for which the permit is sought, and whether those trees are Special Trees or Heritage Trees.
(b) After reviewing a declaration submitted pursuant to subsection (a) of this section, if the Mayor determines that the work for which the permit is sought is likely to result in a violation of this chapter, the Mayor shall provide notice to the property owner and to the Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs, requiring the property owner or the property owner's agent to submit to the Mayor a Tree Preservation Plan, in a form prescribed by the Mayor, for the Mayor's approval.
(c) The Mayor shall approve a Tree Preservation Plan if the Mayor determines that the Tree Preservation Plan would adequately ensure that the permitted work would not lead to a violation of this chapter. If the Mayor does not approve a Tree Preservation Plan, the property owner may submit a revised Tree Preservation Plan for approval.
(d) The following permits shall not be issued until the property owner complies with this section:
(1) Addition alteration permit;
(2) Alteration and repair permit;
(3) Awning permit;
(4) Deck permit;
(5) Demolition permit;
(6) Excavation only permit;
(7) Fence permit;
(8) Foundation permit;
(9) Garage permit;
(10) New building permit;
(11) Retaining wall permit;
(12) Raze permit;
(13) Scaffolding permit;
(14) Shed permit;
(15) Sheeting and shoring permit;
(16) Sign permit;
(17) Soil boring permit;
(18) Solar panel permit;
(19) Special sign permit;
(20) Swimming pool permit;
(21) Tower crane permit;
(22) Underground storage tank; and
(23) Other permits identified by the Mayor by rule.