§ 7–771.05. Duties of Director.
In addition to other duties as may be lawfully imposed, the Director shall:
(1) Supervise and direct the Department, organizing the Department for its efficient operation, including creating offices within the Department, as necessary, and exercising any other powers necessary and appropriate to implement the provisions of this chapter;
(2) Receive, manage, and disburse all local and federal funds for operations and medical-assistance purposes of the Department;
(3) Exercise personnel authority as appropriate to perform the functions of the Department consistent with Chapter 6 of Title 1 [§ 1-601.01 et seq.];
(4) Execute grants, contracts, memoranda of agreement and understanding, or other agreements with governmental bodies, public and private agencies, institutions, and organizations on behalf of the Department;
(5) Collaborate with other District agencies to ensure the coordination of Department initiatives that may affect or involve programs within other District agencies; and
(6) Promulgate and implement rules and regulations necessary and appropriate to accomplish his or her duties and the Department’s functions in accordance with subchapter I of Chapter 5 of Title 2.