§ 50–2701. Definitions.
For purposes of this chapter, the term:
(1) “Abandoned vehicle” shall have the same meaning as set forth in § 50-2421.02.
(2) “Accident vehicle” means any motor vehicle, trailer, or semitrailer that was towed from the scene of an accident pursuant to section 406 of Title 16 of the District of Columbia Municipal Regulations.
(3) “Director” means the Director of the Department of Public Works.
(4) “Scrap title” means a certificate of title issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles pursuant to § 50-2705.
(5) “Stolen vehicle” means a vehicle that was identified by the Metropolitan Police Department or another police organization as having been stolen from the rightful owner of the vehicle.