§ 50–2201.04a. Operation of personal mobility devices.
A personal mobility device shall not be operated:
(1) In the District if it has not been validly registered, unless it is validly registered in another jurisdiction, when required by applicable law of that jurisdiction, and bears readily visible evidence of being registered.
(2) By a person under 16 years of age;
(3) Above the maximum speed limit of 10 miles per hour;
(4) Upon a sidewalk within the Central Business District, as defined by section 9901 of Title 18 of the District of Columbia Municipal Regulations (18 DCMR 9901);
(5) By a person carrying any package, bundle, or other article that hinders the person from keeping both hands on the handlebars; or
(6) On any roadway or sidewalk while the person is wearing a headset, headphone, or earphone, unless the device is used to improve the hearing of a person with a hearing impairment or covers or is inserted in one ear only.