§ 5–331.02(Perm). Definitions.
For the purposes of this subchapter, the term:
(1) "Chemical irritant" means any:
(A) Chemical that can rapidly produce sensory irritation or disabling physical effects in humans, which are meant to disappear within a short time following termination of exposure, including tear gas; or
(B) Substance prohibited by the Convention on the Prohibition of the Development, Production, Stockpiling and Use of Chemical Weapons and on their Destruction, effective April 29, 1997, for law enforcement purposes or as a method of warfare.
(2) "First Amendment assembly" means a demonstration, rally, parade, march, picket line, or other similar gathering conducted for the purpose of persons expressing their political, social, or religious views.
(3) "Less-lethal projectile" means any munition that can cause bodily injury or death through the transfer of kinetic energy and blunt force trauma, including rubber or foam-covered bullets and stun grenades.
(4) "Less-lethal weapons" means:
(A) Chemical irritants; and
(B) Less-lethal projectiles.
(5) "MPD" means the Metropolitan Police Department.