§ 5–1501.08. Transfer of personnel, records, functions, and authority.
(a) The Mayor shall provide for the orderly transfer to the Department all of the authority, responsibilities, duties, assets, and functions of MPD pertaining to forensic science services, including:
(1) Forensic alcohol;
(2) Computer forensics;
(3) Analysis of controlled substances;
(4) DNA/biological material analysis;
(5) Fingerprint comparison;
(6) Firearms and tool mark examination;
(7) Forensic photography;
(8) Analysis of questioned documents;
(9) Trace evidence analysis;
(10) Personnel and authority for vacant and filled positions;
(12) Records; and
(13) All unexpended balances of appropriations, allocations, and other funds available or to be made available to the MPD for the purposes of forensic science services.
(a-1) The Mayor shall provide for the orderly transfer to the Department all of the authority, responsibilities, duties, assets, and functions of the Department of Health pertaining to public health laboratory services, including:
(1) Disease prevention, control and surveillance testing;
(2) Emergency preparedness testing;
(3) Food surveillance and testing;
(4) Reference and specialized testing;
(5) Integrated data management;
(6) Education, training and partnerships;
(7) Special research; and
(8) The ability to seek grants pertaining to public health laboratory services from government agencies, including the Center for Disease Control.
(b) The transfers set forth in subsections (a) and (a-1) of this section shall occur no later than October 1, 2012.