§ 5–1501.01. Definitions.
For the purposes of this chapter, the term:
(1) “Board” means the Science Advisory Board established by § 5-1501.11.
(2) “Department” means the Department of Forensic Sciences established by § 5-1501.02.
(3) “Director” means the Director of the Department of Forensic Sciences.
(4) “Forensic science services” means forensic science research, analysis, and related services, including the examination of evidence, the interpretation of results, and the provision of expert testimony, such as for the purposes of a criminal investigation or civil action.
(4A) Not Funded.
(5) “MPD” means the Metropolitan Police Department.
(6) "Public health laboratory services" means monitoring and detecting health threats, including:
(A) Testing samples in a wide variety of materials for toxins, infectious organisms, and other threats to public health;
(B) Clinical diagnostic testing;
(C) Disease surveillance;
(D) Emergency response support;
(E) Applied research; and
(F) Laboratory training.