§ 42–2232. Reentry Housing and Services Program.
(a)(1) The Department of Housing and Community Development ("DHCD") shall establish a Reentry Housing and Services Program ("Program"), subject to available funding, to provide project-based assistance to a Community Housing Development for qualifying housing projects.
(2) The Program shall allocate project-based funds to produce and maintain new affordable housing units and subsidize the cost of monthly rent and on-site services for the target population at a qualifying housing project.
(3) In Fiscal Year 2022 only, DHCD may use up to $174,000 of funds allocated for this project for administrative costs associated with implementing the Program.
(b) To be eligible, a qualifying housing project shall provide:
(1) No fewer than 60 units of housing, which may include single room occupancy units;
(2) On-site services for the target population; and
(3) A preference for returning citizens as tenants.
(c) The agency shall issue a request for proposals no later than January 31, 2022, and issue awards no later than July 1, 2022.
(d)(1) The Mayor, pursuant to subchapter I of Chapter 5 of Title 2, shall issue rules to implement the provisions of this chapter, including rules addressing:
(A) The distribution of funds under this program; and
(B) The allocation of project-based funds pursuant to this section, including by combining funds under this program with other sources of funds for housing production and development.
(2) The proposed rules shall be submitted to the Council for a 45-day period of review, excluding Saturdays, Sundays, legal holidays, and days of Council recess. If the Council does not approve or disapprove the proposed rules, by resolution, within the 45-day review period, the proposed rules shall be deemed approved.