§ 4–773.01. Migrant services and supports.
*NOTE: This section was created by emergency legislation that will expire on October 29, 2023.*
The Mayor may establish an office and administer programs to provide time-limited services and supports to recent immigrants to the United States, including the following services and supports:
(1) Welcome and other reception services;
(2) Food, clothing, baby supplies including formula, if baby formula is reasonably available for purchase in the District, and other necessities;
(3) Temporary shelter which:
(A) May be provided in a congregate setting; provided, that families with
minor children shall be prioritized to be housed in non-congregate shelter units; and
(B) Is maintained in a safe, clean, and sanitary condition that meets all applicable District health, sanitation, fire, building, and zoning codes for residential dwellings.
(4) Medical services, including health insurance;
(5) Relocation services; including:
(A) Services associated with traveling to a secondary destination outside of the District; and
(B) Services associated with settling recent immigrants in the District when a person intends to make the District their permanent home.
(6) Cash assistance for food and other necessities, transportation, relocation, and
other identified needs; and
(7) Social and legal services and referrals to external social and legal service
programs and providers.