(a) The Mayor shall appoint a Director to End Homelessness (“Director”), pursuant to § 1-523.01(a). The Director shall report to the Mayor, and shall be highly qualified and experienced. The Mayor is encouraged to consult with the Interagency Council of Homelessness on the specific qualifications and job description for this position.
(b) The Director shall:
(1) Coordinate efforts across agencies to end homelessness in the District;
(2) Provide a single point of accountability for efforts to end homelessness in the District;
(3) Help lead and coordinate the Interagency Council on Homelessness;
(4) Work with community stakeholders and the Interagency Council to create, coordinate, and implement a plan to end homelessness in the District;
(5) Create and monitor performance measures that track the District’s progress on the plan to end homelessness; and
(6) Report to the Mayor and to the Council by September 30 of each year, beginning in 2014, on the status of ending homelessness in the District.