§ 38–531.02. Provision of period products.
(a)(1) Local education agencies and private schools shall install at least one dispenser or similar container for period products in:
(A) Each women's and gender-neutral bathroom in every middle school and high school; and
(B) At least one women's and one gender-neutral bathroom in every elementary school.
(2) If a school building does not have a gender-neutral bathroom, then the period products shall also be available in at least one men's bathroom.
(3) LEAs and private schools shall stock every dispenser or similar container with sufficient period products to serve the needs of the LEA or private school's students throughout the academic year and any period of summer programming offered on a school's campus.
(b) The University of the District of Columbia, private universities and colleges, and vocational schools shall:
(1) Install at least one dispenser or similar container for period products in every women's and gender-neutral bathroom; and
(2) Stock every dispenser or similar container with sufficient period products to serve the needs of students at all times throughout the calendar year.
(c) Period products required to be made available pursuant to this section shall be free of charge.
(d) In consultation with the District of Columbia Department of Health, OSSE shall develop an 8.5 inch by 11 inch sign that includes medically accurate information on the safe use and disposal of menstrual products. The sign shall be:
(1) Placed near each dispenser or similar container for period products; and
(2) Made available for downloading in PDF format on the OSSE website.
(e) Each LEA, private school, the University of the District of Columbia, private college or university, and vocational school shall install the dispensers or similar containers required by this section within one year after March 15, 2022.