(a) The Office of the Deputy Mayor for Education shall report to the Mayor and the Council, on an annual basis on or before the start of the third quarter of fiscal years 2012 through 2016, on the capacity of District-funded service providers to meet the need and demand for adult literacy services in the District. The report shall:
(1) Cover the current and the preceding fiscal year;
(2) Identify the office’s metrics used for measuring the need and demand for adult literacy support, state the office’s quality standards, and measure the performance of District-funded providers of adult literacy services;
(3) Provide an accounting of the total number of adults needing literacy support in the District and by ward;
(4) Provide an accounting of the total number of District-funded providers of adult literacy support services that provide services to District residents, broken down by ward;
(5) Provide an accounting of the total number of openings available for literacy support services from District-funded service providers during the fiscal year reported, broken down by ward and by service provider;
(6) Provide a gap analysis that measures the capacity of District-funded service providers to meet the need and demand for adult literacy services in the District and by ward; and
(7) Propose an adult literacy plan for the next fiscal year to ensure that District-funded programs are meeting the needs of adult learners District-wide and by ward.
(b) To prepare for the adult literacy report, the Office of the Deputy Mayor for Education, shall seek information and support for the development of quality standards and performance measures from community-based providers of adult education and family literacy services, adult learners, funders, District and federal agencies, representatives from the business community, and adult education experts.