(1) "Fund" means the Vending Regulation Fund established by § 37-131.08(b).
(2) "Public market" means a vending operation that takes place in an area of public space set aside and permitted on a regular basis for the sale of goods, merchandise, or services provided onsite, including a farmers market, flea market, or antique market.
(3) "Sidewalk vending zone" means a geographically defined area with 3 or more vending locations at which a person may vend.
(4) "Sidewalk vending zone manager" means a non-profit organization headquartered in the District of Columbia that oversees sidewalk vendors operating within a sidewalk vending zone.
(5) "Sidewalk vendor" means a person who engages in business while occupying a portion of the public right-of-way other than that reserved for vehicular travel.
(6) "Vending cart" means a wheeled, non-motorized, self-contained apparatus designed to be pulled by a vehicle or pushed by hand, designed to be operated from a sidewalk vending location, and from which food, products, merchandise, or services are intended to be vended.
(7) "Vending locations" means the specific locations designated by the Mayor on sidewalks, roadways, and other public space at which a person may vend.
(8) "Vending site permit" means a permit or other authorization issued by the Mayor for a vending location.