§ 26–1106. Rejection of license application.
(a)(1) If an applicant does not meet the requirements of § 26-1103, the Superintendent [Commissioner] shall:
(A) Immediately notify the applicant in writing of this fact;
(B) Return the bond filed under § 26-1103; and
(C) Refund the license fee.
(2) The Superintendent [Commissioner] shall, subject to the appropriations process, keep the investigation fee and application fee.
(b) Within 30 days after the Superintendent [Commissioner] denies an application, the Superintendent [Commissioner] shall:
(1) Issue a written decision containing the reasons upon which the denial was based;
(2) Send a copy of the decision to the applicant; and
(3) Advise the applicant of a right to a hearing which shall be held in accordance with subchapter I of Chapter 5 of Title 2.
(c)(1) An applicant who seeks a hearing on a license application denial shall file a written request for a hearing within 45 days following receipt of the written decision for denial.
(2) A hearing date established in response to the filing of a notice under this subsection may be postponed only once for a period of up to 30 days after the initial hearing date.