§ 22–3051. Definitions.
For the purposes of this chapter, the term:
(1) “Disclose” means to transfer or exhibit to 5 or fewer persons.
(2) “Harm” means any injury, whether physical or nonphysical, including psychological, financial, or reputational injury.
(3) “Internet” means an electronically available platform by which sexual images can be disseminated to a wide audience, including social media, websites, and smartphone applications; provided, that the term “Internet” does not include a text message.
(4) “Private area” means the genitals, anus, or pubic area of a person, or the nipple of a developed female breast, including the breast of a transgender female.
(5) “Publish” means to transfer or exhibit to 6 or more persons, or to make available for viewing by uploading to the Internet.
(6) “Sexual conduct” shall have the same meaning as provided in § 22-3101(5).
(7) “Sexual image” means a photograph, video, or other visual recording of an unclothed private area or of sexual conduct.