§ 10–551.06a. Net zero energy construction and maintenance program.
(a) At least biennially, the Department shall host free training sessions for relevant Department employees, representatives of certified business enterprises in the industry, and interested outside parties on the:
(1) Principles of energy efficient construction applicable to net zero energy District buildings;
(2) Distinctive operational and maintenance needs of highly energy efficient buildings;
(3) Types of renewable energy generation systems used in District government buildings; and
(4) Distinctive operational and maintenance needs of renewable energy generation systems.
(b) No later than November 30 of each even-numbered year, the Department shall submit to the Council a report on certified business enterprise and resident employee participation in the Department's net zero energy and energy retrofitting projects, including, for the prior 2 fiscal years:
(1) A list of Department-managed net zero energy and energy retrofitting projects ongoing or completed during the prior 2 fiscal years whose cost to the District has exceeded or is planned to exceed $250,000;
(2) For each such project, the total estimated cost of such projects and the portion of that cost completed by, or estimated to be completed by, certified business enterprises;
(3) For each such project, the total or estimated total labor hours dedicated to such projects and the portion or estimated portion of those labor hours completed by District residents; and
(4) Copies of any approved certified business enterprise program waivers that the Department obtained for such projects.