§ 1–515.03. District residency requirement for certain District government employees.
(a) An individual appointed to a position in one of the following categories shall become a District resident within 180 days after appointment:
(1) Subordinate agency head, independent agency head, or instrumentality head;
(2) Executive Service (§ 1-610.59);
(3) Excepted Service (§ 1-609.06(a));
(4) Senior Executive Service Attorney Service (§ 1-608.59(b));
(5) Legal Service of the Council (§ 1-608.59(b));
(6) Highly compensated appointee, hired after May 23, 2019.
(b) An individual appointed to a position covered by subsection (a) of this section who fails to remain a District resident for the duration of the individual's appointment shall forfeit the individual's District government employment.
(c)(1) A personnel authority may decrease the threshold salary for its highly compensated appointees in a particular service.
(2) A personnel authority may not raise the threshold salary for its highly compensated appointees higher than the increase by which the Mayor raised compensation for non-union employees in the same service in the same fiscal year.
(3) The Mayor shall publish any adjustment the Mayor makes to the highly compensated appointee threshold salary level in the District of Columbia Register no later than 45 days after the level is adjusted.
(d) The requirements of subsections (a) and (b) of this section shall not apply to an employee hired into a position covered by subsection (a) of this section before May 23, 2019, to which such requirements did not apply as of May 23, 2019.