§ 7–771.03. Purpose of the Department.
The Department shall:
(1) Maximize the well-being and quality of life for eligible low-income individuals and other populations through the provision of leadership and direction in administering responsive, effective, and efficient health-care benefits;
(2) Develop a comprehensive, efficient, and cost-effective health-care system for the District’s uninsured, under-insured, and low-income residents;
(3) Develop eligibility, service coverage, and service delivery and reimbursement policies for the District’s health-care-financing programs that ensure improved access and efficient delivery of service;
(4) Ensure that District health-care programs maximize available federal financial assistance; and
(5) Support the health-care policy, delivery, and access initiatives of the Department of Health and other District agencies through sound health-care financing.