§ 7–751.07(Perm). Program participation.
(a) As a condition of participation in the Program, selected applicants shall enter into a contract with the Director and a representative of the service obligation site agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
(1) Participants shall provide a minimum of 2 years with a maximum of 4 years services at a service obligation site. Any service beyond the 2 year minimum requirement is dependent upon the availability of funds for the Program.
(2) Participants shall provide full-time service of at least 1,800 hours per year, with no more than 12 hours of work performed in any 24 hour period. On-call status does not count toward the annual 1,800 hour requirement. Any exceptions to the 1,800 hour annual requirement or the on-call provision of this subsection must be approved by the Director prior to placement.
(3) Participants agree to provide reasonable, usual, and customary health services without discrimination and regardless of a patient’s ability to pay.
(4) No period of internship, residency, or other advanced clinical training may count toward satisfying a period of obligated service under this Program.
(5) Any participant who is found in breach of contract is deemed to have agreed, as a condition of contract, to all penalties as set forth in § 7-751.13.
(b) An existing contract may be renewed for one year at a time up to a maximum of 4 total years of service, as funds become available.
(c) The participant shall begin service no later than 12 months from entering into the contract. The effective start date of the obligated service is the date of employment or the date the Director signs the contract, whichever is later.
(d) Non-compete clauses are prohibited in all contracts for Program participation.