§ 7–1671.06d. Education tasting endorsement.
(a)(1)(A) The holder of a retailer license shall be eligible to apply to the ABC Board for an education tasting endorsement.
(B) The holder of an education tasting endorsement shall be permitted to offer cooking and how-to classes and demonstrations, and tastings for educational purposes to qualifying patients and caregivers on-site.
(C) Activities offered by a retailer under an education tasting endorsement shall be permitted to occur on the premises of the retailer; except, that educational activities that include the smoking of medical cannabis by qualifying patients shall occur only in an ABC Board-approved safe-use treatment facility.
(2) The holder of an internet retailer license shall not be eligible for an education tasting endorsement.
(b) A retailer with an education tasting endorsement shall:
(1) Display in the licensed area conspicuous warning labels that are visible to the qualifying patient and the qualifying patient's caregiver concerning the consumption of medical cannabis and medical cannabis products;
(2) Destroy all unconsumed medical cannabis remaining from the educational activity, except as permitted under paragraph (4) of this subsection;
(3) Ensure that containers of medical cannabis to be used for educational activities are labeled as such and may not be sold; and
(4) Be permitted to allow a qualifying patient or caregiver to leave the premises with medical cannabis that was made available or offered as part of the educational activity in accordance with the requirements and limits set forth in this chapter; provided, that it is packaged in accordance with regulations issued pursuant to § 7-1671.13.
(c) A retailer with an education tasting endorsement shall not:
(1) Allow a person to consume alcohol, tobacco, or tobacco products on the premises;
(2) Advertise or promote, in any way, either on or off the premises, a practice prohibited under this section; or
(3) Make unsubstantiated medical claims about cannabis or cannabis products.
(d)(1) Subject to paragraph (2) of this subsection, the holder of an education tasting endorsement may offer educational activities on the licensed premises between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m., 7 days per week.
(2) The ABC Board may alter the hours set forth in paragraph (1) of this subsection through rulemaking.
(e) The ABC Board shall establish, by regulation, permitted medical cannabis tasting or consumption limits for educational activities.
(f) An applicant for an education tasting endorsement shall complete an application on a form the ABC Board prescribes by regulations issued pursuant to § 7-1671.13.
(g) The minimum initial application fee for an education tasting endorsement shall be $130. The endorsement shall be valid for 3 years, with a minimum annual fee of $130.