§ 50–1507.01. Definitions.
For the purposes of this subchapter, the term:
(1) “Apportioned operator” means registrant of a fleet of apportioned vehicles.
(2) “Apportionment” means registration based on a proportional payment of registration fees, whether determined by a quotient of miles traveled, revenue received, average presence, or any other similar method.
(3) “Apportionable vehicle” means any vehicle, except recreational vehicles, vehicles displaying restricted plates, and government-owned vehicles, used or intended for use in two or more member jurisdictions that allocate or proportionally register vehicles and are used for the transportation of persons for hire or designed, used, or maintained primarily for the transportation of property and:
(A) Is a power unit having two axles and a gross vehicle weight or registered gross vehicle weight in excess of 26,000 pounds;
(B) Is a power unit having three or more axles, regardless of weight; or
(C) Is used in combination, when the weight of such combination exceeds 26,000 pounds gross vehicle weight.
(4) “Base jurisdiction” means, for purposes of fleet registration, the jurisdiction where the registrant has an established place of business, where mileage is accrued by the fleet, and where operational records of such fleet are maintained or can be made available in accordance with section 1602 of the International Registration Plan (“IRP”).
(5) “Base plate” means the plate issued by the base jurisdiction and shall be the only registration identification plate issued for the vehicle by any member jurisdiction.
(6) “Combined Gross Vehicle Weight” (“CGVW”) means the total unladen weight of a combination of vehicles and weight of the load carried on that combination of vehicles.
(7) “Established place of business” means a physical structure owned, leased, or rented by the fleet registrant and used as his or her main office. The physical structure shall be designated by a street number or road location, be open during normal business hours, and have located within it:
(A) A telephone or telephones publicly listed in the name of the fleet registrant;
(B) A person or persons conducting the fleet registrant’s business; and
(C) The operational records of the fleet.
(8) “Fleet” means one or more apportionable vehicles.
(9) “Interjurisdictional movement” means vehicular movement between or through two or more jurisdictions.
(10) “Intrajurisdictional movement” means vehicular movement from one point within a jurisdiction to another point within the same jurisdiction.
(11) “IRP” means the abbreviation for the reciprocal agreement, the International Registration Plan.
(12) “IVMR” means Individual Vehicle Mileage Record which serves as the original record generated in the course of actual vehicle operation and is used as a source document to verify the registrant’s application for accuracy.
(13) “Member jurisdiction” means a jurisdiction which has applied for membership and has been accepted by all members of the IRP.
(14) “Motor carrier” means an individual, partnership, or corporation engaged in the transportation of goods or persons.
(15) “Owner” means any person, firm, or corporation other than the lienholder holding legal title to a vehicle.
(16) “Properly registered vehicle” means a vehicle which has been registered in full compliance with the laws of all jurisdictions in which it is intended to operate.
(17) “Reciprocity” means the reciprocal granting of rights and privileges to vehicles properly registered under the IRP and to vehicles not so registered if these vehicles are subject to separate reciprocity agreements, arrangements, declarations, or understandings.
(18) “Trip permit” means a temporary permit issued by a jurisdiction in lieu of regular registration reciprocity.
(19) “Uniform mileage schedule” means the official IRP form provided to record mileage by jurisdictions and total fleet miles derived from operational records.