§ 50–1331.08. Penalties.
(a) It shall be unlawful to:
(1) Make or cause to be made any false statement:
(A) On an application for a title or duplicate title; or
(B) In conjunction with any disclosure required under this chapter;
(2) Alter, forge, or counterfeit:
(A) A motor vehicle title or an assignment thereof;
(B) A Junk Vehicle Certificate; or
(C) A certificate verifying a safety inspection;
(3) Falsify the results of, or provide false information in the course of, an inspection conducted in conjunction with obtaining a Rebuilt Salvage Title;
(4) Represent any Salvage Vehicle or Junk Vehicle as a Rebuilt Salvage Vehicle;
(5) Fail to comply with any provision of this chapter requiring:
(A) Application for a title or certificate;
(B) Notification of specified parties; or
(C) Surrender of a title or certificate; or
(6) Conspire to commit any of the unlawful acts enumerated in this section.
(b) A person who commits an unlawful act as described in subsection (a) of this section shall upon conviction be fined not more than the amount set forth in § 22-3571.01 or imprisoned not more than 180 days, or both. All such prosecutions shall be in the Superior Court of the District of Columbia upon information filed by the Attorney General for the District of Columbia or any of his assistants in the name of the District of Columbia.