§ 50–110.02. Permits for the operation of a personal delivery device.
(a) There is established a Personal Delivery Device Program ("PDD Program"), which shall be administered by the Department in accordance with this chapter.
(b) Under the PDD Program, the Director may issue permits to eligible entities authorizing the operation of a PDD subject to any reasonable terms and conditions that the Director may require.
(c) To obtain a permit pursuant to this section, an eligible entity shall submit an application to the Director, which shall include the following:
(1) The eligible entity's contact information;
(2) A certification by the eligible entity that:
(A) Each PDD that the eligible entity seeks to operate complies with the requirements of this chapter;
(B) The person signing the application has reviewed the application and determined that the information provided in the application is true and accurate; and
(C) The person signing the application is authorized to sign and file the application;
(3) The proposed geographic locations within the District where the eligible entity intends to operate PDDs;
(4) The number of PDDs the eligible entity intends to operate; and
(5) A nonrefundable application fee of $250.
(d) If the Director approves an application submitted pursuant to this section, the Director shall:
(1) Issue a permit to the eligible entity, which shall be valid for one year after the date the permit is issued; and
(2) Require the eligible entity to pay a permit fee in an amount to be determined by the Director.
(e) The Director shall, by rule, establish procedures for the renewal of a permit issued pursuant to this section. The renewal procedures established pursuant to this subsection shall require the permit holder to pay a renewal fee in an amount to be determined by the Director.