Code of the District of Columbia

§ 46–218. Voluntary income withholding.

(a) An obligor may obtain voluntary income withholding by filing with the IV-D agency a request for withholding and, if the support order is from another jurisdiction, a certified copy of the support order.

(b) Upon receipt of a request under subsection (a) of this section, the IV-D agency shall serve an order to withhold on the holder specified in the obligor’s request. Payments shall be made through the Collection and Disbursement Unit.