§ 41–155.02. Contents of notice by holder.
(a) Notice under § 41-155.01 shall contain a heading that reads substantially as follows:
"Notice. The District of Columbia requires us to notify you that your property may be transferred to the custody of the District of Columbia's Unclaimed Property Administrator if you do not contact us before (insert date that is 30 days after the date of this notice).".
(b) The notice under § 41-155.01 shall:
(1) Identify the nature and, except for property that does not have a fixed value, the value of the property that is the subject of the notice;
(2) State that the property will be turned over to the Administrator;
(3) State that after the property is turned over to the Administrator an apparent owner that seeks return of the property must file a claim with the Administrator;
(4) State that property that is not legal tender of the United States may be sold by the Administrator; and
(5) Provide instructions that the apparent owner must follow to prevent the holder from reporting and paying or delivering the property to the Administrator.