§ 4–651.05a. First-Time Mothers Home Visiting Pilot Program.
(a)(1) DOH shall award a competitive grant in an amount not to exceed $150,000 to a home visiting provider to support the development of a pilot program that provides evidence-based home visiting services exclusively to eligible first-time mothers in the District.
(2) The grant issued in accordance with this subsection shall be limited to a home visiting provider that receives at least $500,000 of its funding from private sources.
(3) In Fiscal Year 2022, DOH shall provide an amount not to exceed $150,000 to the home visiting provider who was awarded the competitive grant pursuant to paragraph (1) of this subsection.
(4) In Fiscal Year 2023, DOH shall provide an amount not to exceed $150,000 to the home visiting provider who was awarded the competitive grant pursuant to paragraph (1) of this subsection, to be expended for the purposes set forth in that paragraph.
(b) For the purposes of this section, the term "eligible first-time mother" means a pregnant woman preparing to give birth to her first child who has enrolled in the pilot program prior to their 28th week of pregnancy and:
(1) Has an individual income that is less than 60% of the area median income for the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area according to the statistics of the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development; or
(2) Is eligible for Medicaid.