(a) The Mayor is hereby authorized to supplement the cost of child care services with District funds when appropriated and available for the following:
(1) Children of families who are receiving assistance under the TANF program and whose families are attempting through work activities to transition off the TANF program;
(2) Children of families who are at-risk of becoming dependent on the TANF program;
(3) Children of families who are low-income but working, as defined by the TANF program;
(4) Children receiving protective care services;
(5) Children in foster care placement; and
(6) Children of a teen parent under 21 years of age who is either in foster care or a ward of the District and is either working or enrolled in a verified job training or education program.
(b) Any child care funds available under title IV-E of the Social Security Act, approved June 17, 1980 (94 Stat. 501; 42 U.S.C. § 670 et seq.), shall be the first source for reimbursement to the District for the cost of child care for children in foster care.
(c) The supplemental payment authorized by this section shall be paid, in accordance with a daily rate and sliding fee scale, directly to the child development center, child development home, relative, or in-home care giver actually providing services.