§ 4–1704.04. LRAP; award of loans.
(a) The Administrator shall award loans to participants during the period of service obligation in accordance with § 4-1704.06. Subject to the availability of funds and within the limits established by subsection (c) of this section, participants shall be granted loans sufficient to repay all eligible debt.
(b) If the needs of all participants exceed the financing available in any fiscal year, preference shall be given to participants who:
(1) Are graduates of accredited public schools of law in the District of Columbia;
(2) Have completed no less than 2 prior service obligations in the LRAP;
(3) Have graduated from an accredited school of law within the last 3 years; or
(4) Have a high debt to income ratio as compared to other participants.
(c) Participants in the LRAP shall not receive loan repayment assistance under the LRAP in excess of $1,000 for a single month; except, that:
(1) The Office of Victim Services and Justice Grants may by rulemaking increase the award limit established in this subsection to reflect changes in reasonable education expenses; and
(2) The Bar Foundation may use the funds to repay any or all of the loan principal or interest of those applicants whose loans would not otherwise be eligible for Public Service Loan Forgiveness.