§ 4–1704.01. LRAP.
(a) The District of Columbia Poverty Lawyer Loan Repayment Assistance Program shall provide loan repayment assistance to lawyers working in eligible employment. The LRAP shall be part of and be funded through the Initiative, established pursuant to § 4-1702.01.
(b)(1) Funding for the LRAP shall be allocated to the Office of Victim Services and Justice Grants.
(2) The amount of funding for the LRAP for each fiscal year shall be specified by an act of the Council and shall not be modified except by a subsequent act of the Council.
(3) Any training or evaluation deemed necessary by the Bar Foundation for purposes of the Initiative shall be permitted as a non-administrative expense, with reasonable expenses for these purposes not restricted to the percentage set aside for administrative expenses under subsection (c) of this section.
(c)(1) The Office of Victim Services and Justice Grants may serve as Administrator or may designate a nonprofit entity to serve as the Administrator. If the Office of Victim Services and Justice Grants designates a nonprofit entity as the Administrator, the Office of Victim Services and Justice Grants shall provide funding for the LRAP by awarding a grant to the nonprofit entity. The grant shall be nonlapsing and interest earned by the nonprofit on grant funds shall remain available for use by the Administrator for the purposes of the LRAP, without fiscal year limitation, subject to authorization in an approved budget and financial plan.
(2) For Fiscal Year 2018, the Office of Victim Services and Justice Grants shall designate the Bar Foundation as the Administrator.
(3) Except as provided in paragraphs (3) and (4) of this subsection, the Administrator may use up to 15% of the grant funding for reasonable administrative expenses associated with administering the LRAP.
(4) If the Office of Victim Services and Justice Grants has designated the Bar Foundation as Administrator, the Bar Foundation may, in lieu of using a percentage of LRAP grant funding under paragraph (3) of this subsection, use a portion of funds authorized under § 4-1703.01(b) for reasonable administrative expenses associated with administering the LRAP.