§ 31–5031.11. Diversification requirement.
(a) Without the prior written approval of the Commissioner, a domestic title insurer shall not accept:
(1) Additional business from a title insurance producer that is not an affiliated company with the insurer if, when added to other business written through the title insurance producer during the same calendar year, that producer’s aggregate premiums written on behalf of the title insurer will exceed 20% of the title insurer’s gross premiums written during the prior calendar year, as shown on the title insurer’s most recent annual statement on file with the Commissioner; or
(2)(A) Additional direct operations business from a single source if, when added to other direct operations business from the single source during the same calendar year, the aggregate premiums written on the direct operations business of the single source will exceed 20% of the title insurer’s gross premiums written during the prior calendar year as shown on the title insurers most recent annual statement on file with the Commissioner.
(B) For purposes of this paragraph, the term “single source” means a person that refers business to the title insurer and any other person that controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with, that person.
(b) In determining whether prior approval may be given, the Commissioner shall consider:
(1) The potential that the acceptance of more business from the title insurance producer or source may adversely affect the financial solidity of the title insurer;
(2) The availability of competing title agents or additional sources in the territories in which the title insurer accepts risks;
(3) The number of years that the title insurer has been in business;
(4) Reinsurance arrangements mitigating the concentration of business from the producer or source;
(5) The comparative profitability of the producer’s or source’s book of business;
(6) The degree of oversight of the producer’s operations exercised by the title insurer; and
(7) Any other circumstances considered by the Commissioner to be appropriate.