§ 31–1631.06. Maintenance of records.
(a) A public insurance adjuster shall maintain a complete record of each transaction as a public insurance adjuster. The records required by this section shall include the:
(1) Name of the insured;
(2) Date, location, and amount of the loss;
(3) Copy of the contract between the public insurance adjuster and insured;
(4) Name of the insurer, amount, expiration date, and number of each policy carried with respect to the loss;
(5) Itemized statement of the insured’s recoveries; and
(6) Itemized statement of all compensation received by the public insurance adjuster, from any source whatsoever, in connection with a particular claim.
(b) Records shall be maintained for at least 5 years after the termination of the transaction with an insured and shall be open to examination by the Commissioner at all times.
(c) Records submitted in accordance with this section that contain proprietary information, identified in writing as such by the public insurance adjuster, shall be treated as confidential by the Commissioner.