§ 3–1203.02. Responsibilities of Mayor.
The Mayor shall be responsible for:
(1) Planning, developing, and maintaining procedures to ensure that the boards receive administrative support, including staff and facilities, sufficient to enable them to perform their responsibilities;
(2) Processing and providing licenses as required and approved by the boards;
(3) Providing investigative and inspection services;
(4) Holding hearings on cases pursuant to guidelines established in § 3-1205.19 when requested to do so by the board, and appointing hearing officers to enable the boards to hold hearings;
(5) Furnishing expert services in noncompliance cases brought in an administrative or court proceeding;
(6) Providing budgetary and personnel services;
(7) Maintaining central files of records pertaining to licensure, inspections, investigations, and other matters requested by the boards;
(8) Furnishing facilities and staff for hearings and other proceedings;
(9) Providing information to the public concerning licensing requirements and procedures;
(10) Publishing and distributing procedural manuals concerning licensing and inspections and other materials prepared by the boards;
(11) Assisting, supplying, furnishing, and performing other administrative, clerical, and technical support the Mayor determines is necessary or appropriate;
(12) Issuing rules, as the Mayor may periodically determine to be necessary to protect the health and welfare of the citizens of the District, for the temporary licensure for a fixed period of time not to exceed 90 days and under conditions to be prescribed by the Mayor by rule, of applicants for licensure to practice a health occupation in the District, except the Mayor may provide for the issuance of temporary licenses to applicants for licensure to practice social work and marriage and family therapy for a period not to exceed 1 year, and to applicants for licensure to practice as anesthesiologist assistants for a period not to exceed 2 years;
(13) Making necessary rules relating to the administrative procedures of the boards; and
(14) Issuing all rules necessary to implement the provisions of this chapter.