(1) Agreement means a written contract, including provisions for the staffing requirement of the reimbursable details in accordance with subsection (c) of this section, and compensation of the MPD by the licensee when reimbursable details are requested by the licensee.
(2) MPD means Metropolitan Police Department.
(3) Reimbursable detail means an assignment of MPD officers to patrol the surrounding area of an establishment for the purpose of maintaining public safety, including the remediation of traffic congestion and the safety of public patrons, during their approach and departure from the establishment.
(b) A licensee or licensees, independently or in a group, or a promoter or organizer of a pub crawl event, as defined by rule, may enter into an agreement with the MPD to provide for reimbursable details.
(c) Subject to adequate staffing of the police service areas and an assessment by the MPD of its staffing requirements, the MPD may staff reimbursable details as requested by the licensee, or licensees, or the promoter or organizer of a pub crawl event. The MPD shall only use officers for this purpose who are overtime and would not otherwise be on duty at the time of the reimbursable detail.
(c-1)(1) The Board shall have the authority to change the percentage by which ABCA will reimburse MPD for its reimbursable detail services as needed.
(2) The Board shall publish changes to the reimbursable detail percentage in the District of Columbia Register.
(3) The reimbursable detail percentage change shall take effect no fewer than 30 days after publication in the District of Columbia Register.
(d) The MPD shall establish policies and procedures to implement the provisions of this section.
(e) The Mayor shall, in consultation with licensees, promulgate policies, rules and procedures to identify entertainment areas in the District, and establish security plans thereunder delineating the reimbursable detail deployment needs of those areas.