(1) “Committed youth offender” means an individual sentenced pursuant to this subchapter.
(2) “Conviction” means the judgment on a verdict or a finding of guilty, a plea of guilty, or a plea of no contest.
(3) “Court” means the Superior Court of the District of Columbia.
(4) “District” means the District of Columbia.
(5) "Treatment" means guidance for youth offenders designed to improve public safety by facilitating rehabilitation and preventing recidivism.
(6) "Youth offender" means a person 24 years of age or younger at the time that the person committed a crime other than murder, first degree murder that constitutes an act of terrorism, second degree murder that constitutes an act of terrorism, first degree sexual abuse, second degree sexual abuse, and first degree child sexual abuse.