§ 24–251.01. Definitions.
For the purposes of this subchapter, the term:
(1) "Committee" means an institutional review committee established pursuant to § 24-251.06.
(2) "Department" means the Department of Corrections.
(3) "Director" means the Director of the Department of Corrections, or the Director's designee.
(4) "Furlough" means any extension of the limits of the place of confinement of a resident for the purposes outlined in § 24-251.03, and when the purposes are in agreement with the goals of § 24-211.02 when the resident is not escorted by a United States Marshal or an officer or employee of the District.
(5) "Minimum custody status" means that status of a resident who:
(A) In the case of a resident who has been sentenced to serve a definite number of years, is within 12 months of the resident's earliest possible date of parole;
(B) In the case of a resident who has been sentenced to serve a sentence of not less than a minimum period, has served for at least one-half of that minimum period;
(C) In the case of a resident who has been sentenced to serve an indefinite period, has served for 12 months; or
(D) In the case of a resident who has been sentenced to serve a definite period of less than 18 months, has served for at least one-half of that period.
(6) "Resident" means an individual confined, after conviction and sentencing, in an institution or facility of the District of Columbia operated by the Department of Corrections.