(1) "Bump stock" means any object that, when installed in or attached to a firearm, increases the rate of fire of the firearm by using energy from the recoil of the firearm to generate a reciprocating action that facilitates repeated activation of the trigger.
(1A) “Crime of violence” shall have the same meaning as provided in § 23-1331(4).
(2) “Dangerous crime” means distribution of or possession with intent to distribute a controlled substance. For the purposes of this definition, the term “controlled substance” means any substance defined as such in the District of Columbia Official Code or any Act of Congress.
(2A) “Firearm” means any weapon, regardless of operability, which will, or is designed or redesigned, made or remade, readily converted, restored, or repaired, or is intended to, expel a projectile or projectiles by the action of an explosive. The term “firearm” shall not include:
(B) A device used exclusively for line throwing, signaling, or safety, and required or recommended by the Coast Guard or Interstate Commerce Commission; or
(C) A device used exclusively for firing explosive rivets, stud cartridges, or similar industrial ammunition and incapable for use as a weapon.
(2B) "Ghost gun" shall have the same meaning as provided in § 7-2501.01(9B).
(3) “Knuckles” means an object, whether made of metal, wood, plastic, or other similarly durable material that is constructed of one piece, the outside part of which is designed to fit over and cover the fingers on a hand and the inside part of which is designed to be gripped by the fist.
(4) “Machine gun” shall have the same meaning as provided in § 7-2501.01(10).
(5) “Person” includes individual, firm, association, or corporation.
(6A) “Place of business” shall have the same meaning as provided in § 7-2501.01(12A).
(7) “Playground” means any facility intended for recreation, open to the public, and with any portion of the facility that contains one or more separate apparatus intended for the recreation of children, including, but not limited to, sliding boards, swingsets, and teeterboards.
(7A) “Registrant” means a person who has registered a firearm pursuant to Unit A of Chapter 25 of Title 7.
(8) “Sawed-off shotgun” shall have the same meaning as provided in § 7-2501.01(15).
(9) “Sell” and “purchase” and the various derivatives of such words shall be construed to include letting on hire, giving, lending, borrowing, and otherwise transferring.
(10) “Video arcade” means any facility legally accessible to persons under 18 years of age, intended primarily for the use of pinball and video machines for amusement, and which contains a minimum of 10 pinball or video machines.
(11) “Youth center” means any recreational facility or gymnasium (including any parking lot appurtenant thereto), intended primarily for use by persons under 18 years of age, which regularly provides athletic, civic, or cultural activities.