§ 22–404.03. Aggravated assault on a public vehicle inspection officer.
(a) A person commits the offense of aggravated assault on a public vehicle inspection officer if that person assaults, impedes, intimidates, or interferes with a public vehicle inspection officer while that officer is engaged in or on account of the performance of his or her official duties, and:
(1) By any means, that person knowingly or purposely causes serious bodily injury to the public vehicle inspection officer; or
(2) Under circumstances manifesting extreme indifference to human life, that person intentionally or knowingly engages in conduct which creates a grave risk of serious bodily injury to another person, and thereby causes serious bodily injury.
(b) A person who violates this section shall be guilty of a felony and, upon conviction, shall:
(1) Be fined not more than the amount set forth in § 22-3571.01, or be imprisoned for not more than 10 years, or both; and
(2) Have his or her license or licenses for operating a public vehicle-for- hire, as required by the Commission pursuant [to] subchapter I of Chapter 3 of Title 50 [§ 50-301 et seq.], revoked without further administrative action by the Commission.
(c) It is neither justifiable nor excusable for a person to use force to resist the civil enforcement authority exercised by an individual believed to be a public vehicle inspection officer, whether or not such enforcement action is lawful.
(d) For the purposes of this section, the term:
(1) “Commission” shall have the same meaning as provided in § 50-303(6).
(2) “Public vehicle-for-hire” shall have the same meaning as provided in § 50-303(17).
(3) “Public vehicle inspection officer” shall have the same meaning as provided in § 50-303(19).