§ 2–1555.01. Definitions.
(a) For the purposes of this subchapter, the term:
(1) "At-risk" shall have the same meaning as provided in § 38-2901(2A).
(2) "Commission" means the Commission on Out of School Time Grants and Youth Outcomes.
(3) "Local Education Agency" means the District of Columbia Public Schools system or any individual or group of public charter schools operating under a single charter.
(4) "Office" means the Office of Out of School Time Grants and Youth Outcomes.
(5) "Out-of-school-time funding" means District funds that support out-of-school-time programs.
(6) "Out-of-school-time program" means a structured, supervised learning or youth development program offered to District youth before school, after school, on weekends, or during seasonal school breaks.
(7) "Youth" means an individual of 21 years of age or less who is eligible to enroll in a District primary or secondary school, or an individual of 22 years of age or less who is eligible to receive special education services from a local educational agency.
(8) "Youth development" means a programmatic or service delivery approach that engages youth within their communities, schools, organizations, peer groups, and families in a manner that is productive and constructive; recognizes, utilizes, and enhances youths' strengths; and promotes positive outcomes for youth by providing opportunities, fostering positive relationships, and furnishing the support needed to build on their strengths.
(9) "Youth development program" means a program or service that engages youth in a variety of social, emotional, educational, and recreational activities to promote improvements to their intellectual, behavioral, and physical well-being, consistent with a youth development approach.