§ 2–1542. Definitions.
For the purposes of this subchapter, the term:
(1) “Curfew hours” means from 11:00 p.m. on any Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday, until 6:00 a.m. on the following day, and from 12:01 a.m. until 6:00 a.m. on any Saturday or Sunday. During the months of July and August, the term “curfew hours” means from 12:01 a.m. until 6:00 a.m.
(2) “Emergency” means an unforeseen combination of circumstances or the resulting state that calls for immediate action. The term “emergency” includes, but is not limited to, a fire, a natural disaster, an automobile accident, or any situation that requires immediate action to prevent serious bodily injury or loss of life.
(3) “Establishment” means any privately-owned place of business operated for a profit to which the public is invited, including, but not limited to, any place of amusement or entertainment.
(4) “Guardian” means a person who, under court order, is the guardian of the person of a minor or a public or private agency with whom a minor has been placed by a court.
(5) “Minor” means any person under the age of 17 years, but does not include a judicially emancipated minor or a married minor.
(6) “Narcotic trafficking” means the act of engaging in any prohibited activity related to narcotic drugs or controlled substances as defined in Chapter 9 of Title 48.
(7) “Operator” means any individual, firm, association, partnership, or corporation that operates, manages, or conducts any establishment. The term “operator” includes the members or partners of an association or partnership and the officers of a corporation.
(8) “Parent” means a natural parent, adoptive parent or step-parent, or any person who has legal custody by court order or marriage, or any person not less than 21 years of age who is authorized by the natural parent, adoptive parent, step-parent or custodial parent of a child to be a caretaker for the child.
(9) “Public place” means any place to which the public, or a substantial group of the public, has access, and includes, but is not limited to, streets, highways, and the common areas of schools, hospitals, apartment houses, office buildings, transport facilities, and shops.
(10) “Remain” means to linger or stay or fail to leave the premises when requested to do so by a police officer or the owner, operator, or other person in control of the premises.
(11) “Serious bodily injury” means bodily injury that creates a substantial risk of death or that causes death, serious permanent disfigurement, or protracted loss or impairment of the function of any bodily member or organ.