§ 2–1372. Definitions.
For the purposes of this chapter, the term:
(1) “Asian” or “Pacific Islander” means a person whose ancestry is of Asian or Pacific Islander heritage and who resides in the District of Columbia.
(2) “Commission” means the Commission on Asian and Pacific Islander Community Development established by § 2-1374.
(3) “Director” means the Executive Director of the Office on Asian and Pacific Islander Affairs.
(4) “Office” means the Office on Asian and Pacific Islander Affairs established by § 2-1373.
(5) “Services to the Asian and Pacific Islander Communities” means those services designed to provide assistance, including educational programs, health, financial and business assistance, employment and housing programs, public safety, recreational opportunities, community information, transportation services, and referral and counseling services.