§ 2–1330. Functions.
(a) The Commission shall:
(1) Serve as an advocate for Latino persons in the District of Columbia;
(2) Review and submit to the Mayor, the Council, the Office on Latino Affairs, and the community an annual report including analysis of the needs of the Latino community in the District of Columbia;
(3) Cooperate with other agencies (federal, state, private) concerned with activities pertaining to the Latino community;
(4) Develop a list of at least 3 persons the Commission recommends for the position of Director of the Office on Latino Affairs and submit that list to the Mayor;
(5) Conduct or participate in public hearings and other forums to determine views of the Latino community and other members of the public on matters affecting the health, safety, and welfare of the Latino community in the District of Columbia;
(6) Bring to the attention of the Mayor and the Office on Latino Affairs cases of neglect, abuse, and incidents of bias against the Latino community in the administration of the laws of the District of Columbia;
(7) Review and comment on proposed District and federal legislation, regulations, policies, and programs and make policy recommendations on issues affecting the health, safety, and welfare of the Latino community; and
(8) Develop policy and provide continuing review of the planning undertaken by the Office.
(b) The Commission is authorized to make any reasonable request for information necessary to aid the Commission in the discharge of its responsibilities.