§ 2–1203.02. Functions.
The Economic Development Liaison Office shall perform the following functions:
(1) Develop and support programs to ensure local business development and the participation of small and disadvantaged businesses in public and private economic development activities;
(2) Assist businesses in their procedural relationships with the District government, including, but not limited to, the expediting of administrative processes, such as approval of necessary permits, zoning actions, street closings, and other relevant District administrative actions;
(3) Assist the Executive in the administration and supervision of the Office of Planning;
(4) Assist the Executive in the administration and supervision of the Office of Banking and Financial Institutions;
(5) Assist the Executive in the administration and supervision of the District of Columbia Small and Local Business Opportunity Commission, established by § 2-218.21;
(6) Assist the Executive in the administration and supervision of the Office of Motion Pictures and Television Development;
(7) Assist the Executive in the coordination of activities of the Zoning Commission with other economic development activities of the District government;
(8) Assist the Executive and the Chief Financial Officer in the transfer payment of all taxes collected on behalf of business improvement districts;
(9) Assist the Executive in the coordination of activities between the Executive and the Department of Housing and Community Development, the National Capital Revitalization Corporation, the President of the United States District of Columbia Task Force, the Washington Convention and Sports Authority, the Washington Convention and Visitors Association, the Hotel Association of Washington, the Restaurant Association of Washington, the D.C. Committee to Promote Washington, the D.C. Chamber of Commerce, the D.C. Building Industries Association, the Federal City Council, and the Committee of 100 on the Federal City; and
(10) With appropriated funds, distribute the one-time grant of $13.5 million to the Canal Park Development Association for construction of Canal Park, issue one-time grants in accordance with section 8002(h) of the Fiscal Year 2009 Budget Support Act of 2008, effective August 16, 2008 (D.C. Law 17-219; 55 DCR 7598), and issue grants or loans as may be necessary to implement projects that are part of the New Communities Initiative; provided, that any grant issued pursuant to this paragraph shall constitute an agreement making grants-in-aid for the purposes of Unit A of Chapter 3 of this title.