§ 10–1141.03a. Waiver or reduction of permit fees for the occupation of public space, public rights of way, and public structures.
(a) The Mayor may waive or reduce any permit fee, except for the application fee, to occupy or otherwise use public space, public rights of way, or public structures for a project that:
(1) Is conducted by a civic association or a Business Improvement District or Community Improvement District established pursuant to subchapter VIII of Chapter 12 of Title 2 [§ 2-1215.01 et seq.];
(2) In the Mayor’s determination, serves a public benefit;
(3) Does not impose costs on the District government; and
(4) Does not involve commercial sponsorship.
(b) For the purposes of this section, the term "civic association" means an organization that is:
(1) Comprised of residents of the community within which the public space, public right of way, or public structure is located;
(2) Operated primarily for the improvement of the community within which the public space, public right of way, or public structure is located; and
(3) Exempt from taxation under section 501(c)(3) or (4) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954, approved August 16, 1954 (68A Stat. 163; 26 U.S.C. § 501(c)(3), (4)).