As used in this subchapter, unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) “Mayor” means the Mayor of the District or his designated agent.
(1A) “Assessed value” means the estimated market value of the real property attributable to the land for purposes of real property taxation as of January 1 preceding the rent year.
(1B) “Chief Financial Officer” means the Chief Financial Officer of the District of Columbia.
(1C) “Condominium unit owners’ association” shall have the same meaning as the unit owner’s association described in § 42-1903.01 or a master association as defined in § 42-1901.02(19A), as the context may require.
(A) Any person, or any one of a number of persons, in whom is vested all or any part of the beneficial ownership, dominion, or title of property;
(B) The committee, conservator, or legal guardian of an owner who is non compos mentis, a minor child, or otherwise under a disability; or
(C) A trustee elected or appointed, or required by law, to execute a trust, other than a trustee under a deed of trust to secure the repayment of a loan.
(4) “Parking” means that area of public space which lies between the property line and the edge of the actual or planned sidewalk which is nearer to such property line, as such property line and sidewalk are shown on the records of the District.
(5) “Property line” means the line of demarcation between privately owned property fronting or abutting a street and the publicly owned property in the line of such street.
(6) “Public space” means all the publicly owned property between the property lines on a street, as such property lines are shown on the records of the District, and includes any roadway, tree space, sidewalk, or parking between such property lines.
(6A) “Responsible condominium unit owners’ association” means a condominium unit owners’ association if vault rent was an obligation of the condominium as a whole before there was a unit owner other than the declarant, or the condominium unit owners’ association or its predecessor entered into an agreement with the Mayor relating to the occupation of vault space.
(7) “Street” means a public highway as shown on the records of the District, whether designated as a street, alley, avenue, freeway, road, drive, lane, place, boulevard, parkway, circle, or by some other term.
(8) “Vault” means a structure or an enclosure of space beneath the surface of the public space, including but not limited to tanks for petroleum products, except that the term “vault” shall not include public utility structures, pipelines, or tunnels constructed under the authority of subsection (d) of § 1-301.01, or structures or facilities of the District of Columbia or any structure or facility included in any lease agreement entered into by the Mayor. If such structure or enclosure of space be divided approximately horizontally into 2 or more levels, the term “vault” as used in this subchapter shall be considered as applying to 1 such level only, and each such level shall be considered a separate vault within the meaning of this subchapter.
(9) “Vault rent year” means the period beginning July 1st each year and ending June 30th of each succeeding year.