§ 1–623.02b. Functions — Disability compensation.
The functions of the program shall be to:
(1) Establish appropriate systems and procedures for the reporting of occupational accidents and illnesses;
(2) Maintain and analyze records of all occupational accidents and illnesses occurring within agencies;
(3) Study safety problems and recommend actions to correct undesirable conditions or unsafe practices;
(4) Monitor and evaluate adequacy and effectiveness of safety procedures and practices of District agencies through inspection;
(5) Make determinations and awards for, or against payment of compensation under this chapter;
(6) Pay compensation to employees for work related disability or death resulting from personal injury sustained in the performance of their duty, as specified in this section;
(7) Conduct promotional campaigns to stimulate employees’ interest in accident prevention and to train and motivate supervisors in accident prevention concepts, practices and techniques;
(8) Develop and maintain working agreements with designated physicians and other public or private organizations, as required; and
(9) Monitor the adequacy and effectiveness of medical services under this section, and develop guidelines for the determination of disabilities and professional fees.